Are you finding it hard to get past events that happened to you long ago?
Do you find yourself turning to food, alcohol, drugs, the internet, or relationships to escape painful feelings and cope with your life?
Do you find yourself repeating the same patterns in relationships over and over again?
Are you experiencing overwhelming anxiety, depression, or anger?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you may benefit from counselling.
Naomi may be able to help you in the following ways:
- Learn healthier ways of managing and coping with uncomfortable feelings
- Identify and change self-sabotaging patterns in your life
- Overcome addictions and maintain long term abstinence
- Understand yourself better, be able to identify your needs, feelings, and thoughts, and assertively express them to others
- Develop healthier relationships with yourself and others
- Become more grounded, centered, calm and peaceful, and more accepting of yourself and others
Following a traumatic event or traumatic childhood people may struggle in some of the following ways:
- Anxiety/panic attacks
- Isolating from family, friends, and relationships
- Difficulty trusting others
- Engaging in compulsive behaviors such as eating disorders or addictions
- Always staying busy to avoid feelings
- Feeling spacy, dissociated, and disconnected from your body
- Not wanting to live
Healing from trauma is possible
Naomi can help you develop the following skills and tools:
- Learn to self-regulate your emotions and nervous system so they don’t swing between extremes of anxiety and depression
- Learn to tolerate intense emotions so they aren’t overwhelming
- Learn mindfulness tools that increase feelings of being grounded and present
- Feel safer inside your body
- Carry less shame and develop more self-compassion
- Develop strategies to use during panic attacks or other mental health crises
- Begin to trust yourself and others
- Understand what your emotions are trying to tell you, and how to use the information to get your needs met
- Learn to express your anger constructively to set boundaries
- Develop healthier relationships with your yourself and others
- Feel more empowered